27 March 2005

The Unstable Link of Modern Life

Quite often I found my thoughts drifted back to the idea of the fragility of the human connection, especially if they live in different parts of the world. It's not uncommon that we travel and live abroad these days, and when we go home, all we have is the thin telephone line that connects us to the internet, to one another. Then if something happened (apply whatever scenario you prefer here) on one end, it's very likely that the other end will never know about it and still wondering what the hell is going on? Why doesn't he reply to my letters? Is he faux?

That's one of the reasons why I started up this blog. Then when I am not updating it for sometime, they will know something happened. And it will not be left undone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shuma, que gusto leerte!! tu ingles es compresible y tu forma de expresarte take easily my heart. But what I like more about your blog are the topics are you talking about: interesting because they puch me to think about them.

Una cosa mas, como tu, yo encuentro dificil vivir y probablemente esto esta relacionado con la forma de ver el mundo. Quiza, como tu dices, los ignorantes sean mas felices. Pero se puede luchar contra la ignorancia pero no contra el deseo de conocimientos.

¿Sabes que leyendote me acuerdo de Luis? Es una de las pocas personas con las que puedo hablar de temas como los que tu planteas abiertamente.

Enfin, nada mas, I hope you keep this blog for longtime. Francisco

Yokhim said...

gracias Paco. siempre me he gustado hablar de estos temas como asi se aprende uno. y otra cosa sobre el blog es que es otra manera de espresarse porque normalmenete no salgo con la gente ni hablamos de estas cosas.

blogagog said...

You spelled 'fake' wrong.

Yokhim said...

Thanks for the correction, but I still prefer "faux".