31 May 2005

Twelve-Inch iBook Is Decapitated

Alas! The unthinkable happened, my trusty iBook is down!

It was working fine like always in the morning, but when I got back from dinner it suddenly decided that I was no longer a friend. The Finder (equivalent to Explorer in Windows) simply won't load, the white bar on top of the screen and stuff on the desktop vanished all together, what is left is the dock with inexecutable applications and the spinning beach ball of death.

They really don't come alone. I'm getting desperate you know, my laptop is broken the very moment I'm in the middle of the final-term. What's next? Should I start to worry about not being able to do the trip at all? I don't know. But, funny, though I'm desperate I don't feel that bad, is that because I'm already out of my mind? Or is it that I'm more detached to material goods now? I don't know.

I'm listening to Alejandro Sanz's Amiga mia and I'm singing and swaying with the rhythm. Marga loved Alejandro, now listening to his song reminds me of her and, god, how boring my life is right now compared to the one I had in Spain. Oh... now is No es lo mismo. I have downloaded all the songs and movies I've listened and seen there, I like that, nostalgia time. Images just keep floating back. Sometimes I really just want to stay there and not waking up.

But, damn, the problem is still there. Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.

No comments: