20 June 2005

Ticket to Ride

Finally I got my tickets for Adelaide, I'm leaving the 29th so I guess there will be no more articles after that day till mid September? I don't know, maybe I'll post some tour updates here, we'll see.

Now with only one paper left to be done, I'm feeling sort of revived, but I think the proximity of the trip also works like an elixir for my recent low morale. When the thought of the airport and cycling with my bike loaded out there in the vast land mass just excites me beyond words. However I'm not a big fan of planes, although I like airports, because of the 20k baggage weight limit, and also because I always think that something's going to explode or it's going to fall form the sky or something, well, it's not that I'm afraid of flying, I've been flying innumerable times, it's just that I'm always thinking about things like that. Accidents, you know. Does that mean I'm obsessed with death? Do remember that this blog was made out of this thought. A friend of mine said that I was playing with my life by saying something like that when I called her to say I was going to Australia and if I don't call or write again...you know, but I can't really agree with that. It's just that I don't like to have things left unsaid.

A side note, I guess this year would probably be the last time I go abroad before I finished the army. Bummer, yes, but I need to save some money anyway, I'm planning to cycle from Alaska down to Tierra de fuego or from Taiwan up to Japan, cross Russia and all the way to Portugal. Don't know, haven't decided yet. The thing is that I always wanted to go to Siberia, but I also really want to do the Interamericana, it's a damn dilemma and I can only pick one. But well, think I have time to think. Until then I'm going to have some fun in the outback.

No comments: