14 July 2005

Tour Report: Wet Wet Wet

This is definitely not the image that would pop up from your head when talking about South Australia. It's been raining the whole time since I arrived here and that's really annoying on a cycle tour, especially when you're not prepared for the rain and the cold weather.

This morning I tried to ride out of town, but not for long the insanely heavy rain drove me back here which really pissed me off, so I decided to take the bus to Coober Pedy, hoping that it would help me get out of the rain zone and spare some days of cycling. Well, cycling with the pain in my throat and a runny nose topped with the hellish torrent from the sky wouldn't be too pleasant nor would me doing too much milage either. No reason to worsen my already miserable situation.

Think that's probably becasue I'm sort of tired of touring alone all the time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep on going, man!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm back for a while, while you're far away... Have a very, very, very good vacation...