16 December 2005

Ciudad de la furia y la muerte

I found an article (or parts of an article) written in Spanish on some torn parchments in the bottom of my pocket the other day. I was taken by surprise when I first saw it because it was entitled Ciudad de la furia y la muerte which means City of Rage and Death, then I thought it was rather interesting so out of curiosity I kept it in a safe place and thought that the existence of such coincidences would surely intrigue you.

Here I present it to you in its salvaged and translated form,

Dead, what a riveting word. I wonder how's it like when one's no more? Sometimes my feelings tells me that it doesn't make such a big difference being dead or alive, don't feel anything anyway nor worth a dime living like this. Would do the society a big favor by not consuming more food and breathing more air.

I know some people would definitely disagree with me, saying that how great life is, how big the world is. Life is only great when some things are not missing. I know what they would say, that I have no faith, well, maybe they're right, I don't know what's out there, out of the reach of the eyes. I don't know anything, I don't know why I'm alive.

I would really put an end to this life if there're no possibilities to be out there on the road (my last reason to survive, since Fortune has already turned her back on me), if I had to stay in this putrid water, with all these rubbish and frustrations around me, alone in this city of fear and rage. Nothing changes in the world with one miserable soul being dead.


Regrettably, even with weeks of working on them around the clock (hence the starvation and the doc), these are the few lines that I could make out, some of the handwritings are simply impossible to transcribe, they are torn just like the parchments themselves. Having said that, despite the lack of vital informations, we could rightfully suggest, from the handwritings and the physical tortures that the document had received, that the writer was in an extremely agitated psychological condition as these quoted words were being put down. According to the feedback from the lab using the Carbon-14 Dating technique, these universal lines were penned somewhere between 340 and 322 BC (this is Nobel Prize winning stuff, we've just proved that Spanish goes way back to 340 BC, so much eariler than the generally accepted and fallacious XI century), however, much to our dismay, the incognito writer's possible identity and whereabouts remain mysteries to this day.

2 comments:

NFS said...

www.sodastereo.com

es una banda argentina. :)

saludos!

Yokhim said...

gracias!