19 February 2006

Trängselskatt (Rush Hour Tax) in Central Stockholm

I came upon an article on Guardian Unlimited about oil, one of the issues that always interests me. According to it, a government official said,

We want to be both mentally and technically prepared for a world without oil. The plan is a response to global climate change, rising petroleum prices and warnings by some experts that the world may soon be running out of oil.

In Taiwan the problem made its presence known once more recently in a price battle on petrol between several companies, one of which raised theirs prices simply because they had to yet the other in order to gain an advantage over their rival maintained or even lowered their prices.

But I guess I'm in no position to judge because I just bought a big bloody 1 gallon can of boiled linseed oil while I only used and needed 250 ml.

2 comments:

blogagog said...

There are plenty of things to feel guilty about. I don't think 3 wasted quarts of linseed oil is one of them :)

You can always donate it to charity!

Yokhim said...

I think it's the small stuff that matters.

But, you've just solved my problem with the suggestion of charity. How come I've never thought about that? Thanks a lot buddy.