25 November 2006

"Je crois entendre encore" (Nadir)

Tonight she showed up on the desktop, she was fixing the little decoration thing I bought her to her cell. We were in Café Paris in Reykjavík a day prior to my departure. The day before she told me she was a bit scared by how serious I was about the whole thing and I didn't know what to say or to think about it.

I've never asked because I didn't expect to receive an answer to why she fell for me in the first place and how could she be so objective or, cold, about it, or was it bravery, or maybe self-protection?

We were roaming the streets of Reykjavík and all of a sudden she clung to my back with such a force that I stumbled a bit. She didn't make it explicit, but she was telling me that she was not exactly happy back home, bad memories, family problems and probably more. However, she refrained from giving the whole story away and I've kept wondering why, was it because of the fact that I had to leave in a few days and she didn't want to be sad? Or was she just looking for a good time?

I have no answer, despite of the uncountable analyses I've made. The last time we talked she told me that she was going to Bangladesh, I wonder whether she was ok. I'm afriad that she would be upset if I told her that I miss her a lot.

2 comments:

blogagog said...

You've got to chase that one down. She can't sit still in her own country, just like you! You are meant to be together :)

Yokhim said...

Ah, that would be very nice, but probably pretty impossible, thanks for the encouragement anyway.