17 January 2007

درس فارسی

Well, in two days the first semestre of me working as a teaching assistant is about to end. Though this doesn't mean vacation it does spell something else. I have to say I've had a great time with my students, although with most of them we haven't really done anything together yet, I'm not sure if I should maintain the status quo because only one more semestre is left (if I'm not keep working that is).

With this half year gone, the five months just transformed into a weight heavier than 16-ton and pressing me from every possible corner. It's the one thing that haunts me incessantly right now. I can't do anything without thinking about it. It is particularly disturbing when you're in a time trial against the clock.

And disturbing it is for precisely because of it I have to quit my Persian lesson. The other night I felt like shit when I walked out of the classroom with my final-term exam and Manouchehr wishing me good luck with my thesis. Well, the thing is, first, I don't like quitting, the act itself is demoralizing, but unfortunately, necessary, you just have to bow down sometimes. And second, I feel like I've been wasting his time for not studying in the last few weeks of the semestre. The hardest part is that he's a devoted teacher and you just feel bad when you're not doing your best to match up with his enthusiasm. He came done all the way from Taipei more than once, made recordings, Skype sessions after the class and things like that just to make sure that I can follow.

The last time he came down, if my memory serves me right, was during the documentary festival. Now thinking about it, funny it's already been a while. The weather was quite good back then, unlike the bleaky sky we have right now. Yeah, the grass is always greener, eh?

No comments: