09 September 2006

Serendipity

So today I went to see the doc, nothing serious, just routine you know, well, the appointment was supposed to be 5 days ago, but these cats and dogs ambushed me when I was on the way to the hospital so, soaking wet, I turned back home fuelled by swearwords and reluctantly rescheduled it to today.

Today I set out for the rendezvous at twelve hundred hours and only 6 hours later was I able to leave the place fuelled by even more swearwords because I was planning to get home before dusk so that I could make dinner for my folks. So there I was sitting in the hospital besieged by the mob thinking what on earth are you doing here? you know, you have lots to do, preparing for your clases and working on the thesis. Miraculously, I had this book about death with me, but the atmosphere wasn't too ideal for some word processing so I went for a walk around the surrounding area, park, shops, etc. and returned after an hour and I was petrified to find out that time didn't even exist in the hospital! I started to calculate should I call it off again and go home now before it's too late? well, I can still take the bus if I should miss the train... yes, I suppose I could do that... So I decided to stay and after more escaping and petrifying I finally saw the doc himself and 5 minutes later I was back in the mob. Upon getting hold of my medication, I advanced towards the train station, fast and furiously.

Inside the wagon I made myself comfortable next to this nice looking girl and pull out my book, she was also having one on her laps. It was magical sensation when someone's hair tangoed with yours without actual skin contact. Then she got out her mp3 player and Tchaikovsky murmured at my ears- I coudn't believe it. It wasn't some cheesy pop music, but Tchaifuckingkovsky! Now that was a drop-dead gorgeous sheila. I asked her if she could played it again with me borrowing one of the earphones. So, sharing one earphones we immersed ourselves in bliss. After the piece was over I gave her back the half I borrowed, but she said we can keep listening together if you want, I don't mind.

Thank god almighty.

But almost ironically, the train pulled into the station accompanied by the last note of the Finale Allegro vivacissimo, prophesying what was about to happen. But she got out too! Crikey! I was looking at her from behind, not daring to take the next move, weighing the pros and cons and the percentages of a yes as each anxious step drew us closer to the deadly exit. And when I finally gathered enough balls, she was gone, out of sight, disappeared under the camouflage of the starless night.

No comments: