24 July 2007

Sometimes all you can do is laugh

When I saw her this afternoon in the office I thought my mind and my eyes were fucking with me. Dumbfounded, I stared at her incredulously... But it was her!

The realization didn't came with a light punch, it literally knocked me off my chair. Few years back shyness prevented me from talking to her and I paid the price for that afterwards. She disappeared, and I thought it was the last time I was going to see her.

This afternoon, despite being caught off guard, I initiated the conversation with feigned ease, and to my surprise, she knew my name and stayed there chatting with me long after everyone was gone.

But neither of us is going to stay here for too long, about 2 months or so for her and 2 weeks for me. Then it would be years before I had a chance to see her again. In between, there will only be recreations of her in my head.

No comments: