05 May 2005

They Don't Come Alone

Items lost:
Satchel and all the stuff in it (cash card, driver's license, vehicle's registration and insurance card, student ID, health insurance card, amulets, pictures of her, the coin she gave me, cellphone, bank account booklet, Swiss knife, portable hard disk, class notes, money, all my pens, toothbrush, Blockbuster membership card, and some other things which I don't recall at this moment)

I was taking a left turn, with no traffic whatsoever at all, and hit some bloody obscure traffic island! Fuck! After rolling for a few rounds I picked myself up from the asphalt, checked if me and my scooter was ok and then off I went, without noticing that my satchel was being left in the middle of the road! What a fucktard! How stupid can one get?

I hurried back to the crime scene after like 10 minutes, but it was already gone. It didn't show up in the cops either, so I did what I could: filed a report, cancelled the cell and cash card, got all the money out of the account, called a friend and notified my folks.

Received some bruises on my hands and knee, couple of days without shower and some trouble walking, no big deal, still need to check if the bones are intact though. I got all my money out without any problem or surprise, but what hurts the most is not the money. It's those things that can't be bought. She gave me that coin one day prior to my departure and it's the only thing I have of her. I'm aware that it's very likely that I might not see her again and now I don't even have the only tangible thing she gave me while we were in the garden... The thought of some sick fuck folding her picture just drives me mad. In my wallet there were also the amulets given to me by my dad and a nun I met in Burgos who gave me a hand when I was sort of in trouble, I kept them there all the time; all the messages and notices in my cell are gone, so are the numbers. I have some backups, but just some.

Another thing that hurts the most is my portable HD. I put the backup of my unfinished story (about 6000 words) in it, and now if some crazy fuck knows what it is and goes on to use it or publish it somewhere with whatever bloody name they like...fuck! The class notes and copies which took me so much time and energy... and now it's near the end of the semestre. Or they are probaby lying somewhere that will never be treaded after that sick fuck pulled the NT$2000 (around US$64) out of the wallet. Of course it's not the end of the world, but it's just too fucking unpleasant.

I'm losing my ability to converse right now, there're so many FUCKs in my head and on my mouth. I apologize if this post is hard to read as a result of the choose of words or the structure itself.

No comments: