02 August 2005

Tour Report: Confusion

Lost my temper again this afternoon and now I'm sitting here alone on the bench in front of the Tennant Creek YHA feeling like crap, but I just had no way of holding it back.

At first I tried to convince myself that their decision was probably the best for all of us because they were fast and I was slow, but the more I thought about it the more angry I became. Days before in Barrow Creek when I saw them sitting there waiting and cheering for me like I was the disabled child just finished his first 10 meter marathon as I approached slowly, the unstoppable tide of rage just took hold of me, and this afternoon when I wheeled my bike into the hostel I saw them already had shower and one of them said "oh, you're here already!" I just lost it. What a bitch. I felt like I was being betrayed again. "You're one of the team", she told me that day we left Alice Springs.

On the road I was thinking about telling them to go our own seperate way, to part the party, but I just couldn't do it.

Where are they now?

No comments: