15 October 2005

Plain Pleasure

In the midst of yet another cycle of "state of nothingness", it's not sad nor joyous, but plain nothing. Don't feel anything, don't have the energy, to do anything. It's the kind of mood that makes one feels like he is decaying, deteriorating little by little, undermined by the invisible termite.

It's been like this for days already.

Left the library quite early tonight, read for a while back in my room, but didn't really have the will to continue, watched the TV for a while then it suddenly came to me that the schinken Juan gave me was still in the fridge and will expire on the 23rd of this month. So reluctantly I cut the package open and mowed that chunk of meat down to slices. Then something incredible happened- that I thoroughly enjoyed the process of dissecting it. It took me quite a while and during the whole time I was absorbed in the delicate work and the taking care of the leftovers (into my mouth, of course).

Now the work is done, with slices of ham in one hand and beer the other plus the pictures from Salamanca, boy, what a weird combination is it! But I surely feel something now.

No comments: