12 August 2005

Tour Report: The Beaten Track

My response to her remark that the most important thing is to have a good time was that it was more urgent to get a better idea of yourself, even if that makes one sad.

She wasn't really agree with that. How can she?

I'm a loyal subscriber to the idea that it's beneficial and necessary to travel along for a certain period of time, say a couple of months, from time to time. Because only when you're totally alone and away from the daily chores can you really touch the inner part because when you're with someone, you're, more or less, knowing or unknowingly, pretending. And with that, you're lost.

They had a lot of fun last night, they laughed a lot (to the degree of being scary) they had a GREAT TIME, but they simply don't realize that it doesn't mean anything. Nothing changes and no lesson is learnt, they just stay the same way they were some 26 years ago. It's the easy way, but well, afterall, who wants to be sad and sullen when all one sees is dark and bleak and the never-ending torture?

Nevertheless, I still stand my position because for me it's an even greater tragedy to stay uninformed. I somehow pity them when they were laughing so hard during the night in the campsite. The next day she told me that you would live 5 days longer everytime you laugh. And I really wonder does it mean anything that you live a hundred or hundreds of years if you don't realize the thing that truly matters, the point.

So is the thing that plagues me really a virus as I put it earlier? Hum... I could be wrong, perhaps instead of a virus it's a trial as I knew it all along, the thing is it's just so hard that I lost my faith sometimes and don't know what is it that it wants. No wonder nobody wants it.

No comments: