14 August 2005

Tour Report: Berserker

A tough day was today, my ass screamed so hard like there were niddles pressing against it whenever it engaged the saddle; my right leg had just no power at all and I can only rely on the left left to pedal.

I was going exceptionally slow, I had a bad feeling about having to flag down some vehicle to get to my destination and after 10k the legs and arms decided that it was time to go on strike (but still, I managed to finish the 111k ride). At around half way to Cooinda, a sudden sense of rush welled out of me and even though I was moving slow I felt that everything was going way to fast, like the typical alien view camera with the scary sound effects or that someone had put the video twice as fast as normal. I was pedalling at 14k/h, I deliberately solw down to 10k/h and yet the horrible sensation insisted to linger on.

Desperately, thinking that my head was going to explode due to the excessive heat I pulled over trying to relax, hoping that staying motionless would disperse that dreadful thing, the unbearable rush. But it didn't, the road and the landscapes were all moving at an incrediblely fast speed and the chilling cry loitered at my ear deafening me. I reached down for my water bottle and with the same slow movement drank out of it, but the senses told me the very opposite. I felt like I was going to plunge head first at breakneck speed over my handlebar and subsequently ran over by my bike and crushed my heaving chest. It was driving me mad.

No comments: