02 December 2005

Good Day, Sir!

My old man gave me the order to go back home to vote, Taiwan is sinking for god's sake, well that's more or less what he said, but to be honest with ya, I don't even know who the candidates are. But I guess I'll go home anyway, to save my ass from receiving more fireballs of complains and lectures, but when he sees my hair there's gonna be some more screeching their way down this way. Then it's about how I should behave myself, how I should talk, how I should dress, what I should eat, what I should do and what I shouldn't and so on and so on and it goes on and on. Hah! What a joke. Just vote that guy, he's his friend, alright. That's the easy way.

You know I'm sick, yeah I mean it literally, I'm starving but I have no appetite. Oh, it's one bloody painful way to die. I went to the doc and I'm on medication. And I'm jealous, I've turned into a green eyed monster, I envy those guys who are so sure of what they want and of their beliefs, I envy those who have a theory about everything, I envy those who always seem so rational and happy and carefree and party after party and never gets tired, I envy them because at least they still have something, even if they're not. I don't have nothing and I ain't nothing. My life is a big nothing, it came from it and it returns to it. And I should bear this nothingness between the two nothingnesses that perch on both extremes which are occupied by nothingnesses which will eventually render into nothing. Maybe I should go read The Unbearable Lightness of Being, don't have the slightest idea of what's it about, but the title sounds good to me anyway. However, it could be about things very different from what I'm thinking about, titles tend to be quite misleading these days you know.

Yesterday I met a guy from my department in the campus, oh he was a pretty pleasant guy, very nice fellow. During the whole conversation he's got this shine in his eyes saying, "you are my hero" Lots poeple also think that way. Why? Because I'm good at what I'm doing, a high ranking bookworm, and I'm different, they think me cool and they think me funny. But tell you the truth, I'm not too much different from the lot. But, well, after a second thought, maybe I am, let's have a look: I'm worse, I'm sick, I'm doomed, I'm fucked, whatever you like, I'm all by myself, yeah, I'm different. How comforting is that.

It's good to be ignorant, ignorant is bliss after all. No troubles of mind whatsoever at all. You do what you're told and you'll get your candy. What more do you want? Huh? Oh, make me one of the drones that roam the streets, oh make me a Borg, suck the emotions and thinkings out of me, I ain't want it, they're yours to take, if you claim one I'll give you another one for free.

I still can't figure out why and how one can inflict such a big damage upon the other by simply not doing anything. How can someone who is seemingly mentally strong be so weak? It is a strange thing. The star of tomorrow! Hah! How to kill the time when nothing excites you? How to kill the starvation when you have no appetite? Oh, well, I think I've watched too much Al Pacino movies, what can I do? He's my favorite actor, and it's really good the way he shouts in them, makes you want to yell the way he does, yeah. Well guys, it's been fun, but I'd better run, am going to put some drugs into my blood and fight my way into the train that goes home, and save the future of my fellow countrymen.

3 comments:

Leena said...

This post was definitely funny!

"And I should bear this nothingness between the two nothingnesses that perch on both extremes which are occupied by nothingnesses which will eventually render into nothing." -- This is a good quote! =))

Yokhim said...

Thanks! It was written by the most famous and valiant knight errant Don Schujoder de la Muchacha. You're welcome to use it as you please.

Yokhim said...

I like those who read beyond the words.