02 July 2006

The Train Ran out of Railroads

An unwelcomed yet expected phonecall came earlier tonight when I was having dinner. It was strange actually knowing that he had no chance at all yet harbouring the miraculous breath, not appreciating the great prospect. Now that breath is extinguished and I feel strange again. It came true.

Just before the call dad was saying that my cousin and others saw the spirit of my uncle when they were burning paper house and stuff for him. If that was true then spirits do exist, where do they go? Yeah, I know it's an age old question as to where do people go when their time's up, still I find myself wondering. As you know, I'm not a man with great religious faith so I can't claim that you'll be reborn or go to heaven or hell. I can't be sure, how can I? I can't affirm something that I don't believe.

Newton (or was it Galileo?) made a model of the solar system and his disciple asked who made it. 'No one', he replied. But of course someone made it and we know who. But, is it the same in the world we live in? Which one is real? Reincarnation or heaven or hell? I don't know, but I do know that when I die I want to see my old friends. And I hope I do see them.

1 comment:

blogagog said...

"If that was true then spirits do exist, where do they go?"

It would be nice to believe that they go... on. In any form at all, really. I hope to one day believe that they do.